Here at Luxury Furniture and Lighting, we believe in bringing ALL the latest style of furniture from all around the world where you can find them right here on our Online Luxury Furniture Catalog or fly to our Glamorous Showroom in South Florida. Make no mistake about it we are always ahead of any Future Trend. One of the hottest Italian Furniture styles is Transitional Style Furniture! You might be asking yourself what is Transitional Style Furniture? Let’s give a run down!
What is Transitional Style Furniture?
The transitional style is a marriage of traditional and contemporary furniture, finishes, materials and fabrics equating to a classic, timeless design. Furniture lines are simple yet sophisticated, featuring either straight lines or rounded profiles.
Why select Transitional Furniture?
• The transitional style is great for those who aren’t interested in locking the aesthetics of their home interior design down to one set era or design style.
• There’s more freedom to be found with transitional home decor as you can experiment until the mix feels right for you.
• In general, the transitional decorating style tends to often be easier as you can be as expressive as you like while creating a home that’s representative of your tastes and completely unique to you as no transitional home will ever look the same.
Basic Outline of Transitional Style within your Home.
• A neutral and tone on tone color palette (creams, taupe, grays and a splash of black)
• Different textures and fabrics
• Simple decor with minimal accessories
• Using items that may have been used for another function in the past (like galvanized trays)
• Classic furnishings with simple lines and not too many curves
• Mirrored, glass and metallic furnishings and decor
• Use art sparingly
Features of Transitional Style Furniture
The style combines curves with straight lines to create a design that balances masculine and feminine attributes, aiming to create a comfortable and relaxing style. A lack of ornamentation and decoration with minimal accessories keeps the focus on the simplicity and sophistication of the design.
Unlike contemporary furniture, transitional style focuses on comfort and practicality, to meet the lifestyle of an active household. The scales of furniture pieces are ample but not overwhelming. Goose feather and down fill is typically used for upholstered furniture, wood species (maple, mahogany, walnut, etc.) and wood finishing is typically warm tones but can range from a natural finish to a high-gloss Lacquer. The texture is important, and fabric selections can vary from durable materials to sophisticated, plush fabrics, with tone-on-tone or small-scale graphics. A balanced mix of several textures is often used
Search our online catalog of all styles of Italian Furniture! If you need assistance you can instantly chat or call us. We look forward to discussing your project.
Do not purchase from any other Italian Furniture & European Furniture Company until you speak with us at Luxury Furniture. You will NOT find our furniture at a LOWER PRICE anywhere else on the Internet. If you do, send us the written estimate and we will beat it by 10%. Please feel free to browse through our online catalogs. If you have any question Please Call Toll Free @ 888.629.8763. Thank you for selecting Luxury Furniture and Lighting.
Leave a reply